People can report an adverse event following immunisation:

Consumers wanting to report a vaccine side effect can call a pharmacist from NPS Medicinewise on 1300 134 237. The pharmacist can both lodge the report and provide further advice on how to manage the side effect. 

Consumers can also report adverse events following immunisation to their state or territory health service.12


  1. Department of Health. (2021, April 9). What happens after I am vaccinated for COVID-19? Retrieved from Australian Government Department of Health:

Updated 14 July 2021